Monday, December 11, 2006

God says "All things work out for the best for those who serve him"

It never ceases to amaze me how God takes care of those who serve him. Many times in my life he has revealed this to me and I can help but share the message.

You see, when I was in college, I made a little deal with God. I didn't make a whole lot of money in the beginning, so one Sunday I was at church when the student chaplain was delivering the message. He talked about the same deal he had made with God, which inspired me to do the same. He spoke of how he told God that since he wasn't a student and didn't have much money, whatever cash he had on him when he came to church belonged to God, no matter what.

I too made this deal with God. In the beginning, I did not make a lot of money and what I did make, I rarely had in cash, but each time in which I was faithful to my promise to God, I found myself blessed immeasurably. As the years progressed, I began bartending, which was, for the most part, a constant flow of cash. When I could manage the energy, after working about 65 hours a week, to get up and make it to church, I held faithful to my promise. In turn, God again continued to rain blessings on my life. You see, those who are faithful and serve him, they receive blessings in return, although we give with no intent of blessing at all.

Even now, though I do not get the chance to attend church as often as I would like, I still keep my promise to God. I give to people, causes and organizations and still, in all aspects of life, but especially financially, God always provides. He always holds true to his promises, provided we hold faithful to him.

No comments: